Saturday, May 31, 2014

Workout Music

Sometimes I'm just not feeling a structured workout routine, and I just want to do my own thing.  When this happens I like to put on some music and just get moving.  Here are some of my favorite workout tunes...

the '80s Cardio' station on Pandora.  Seriously, it's awesome.

There are some Punk Goes Pop songs that are fantastic.  My favorites are Toxic by a Static Lullaby.  More Than a Feeling by Hit the Lights.  When I Grow Up by Mayday Parade.  Also worth checking out is Disturbia by Cab. Over My Head by A Day to Remember.  Another cover song that I just love that is not part of the Punk Goes Pop series is Radioactive by Our Last Night.  Love that one!

I'm not sure why I like cover songs so much, but I also like Avenged Sevenfold's cover of Walk.  Killswitch Engage's cover of Holy Diver.  Atreyu's cover of You Give Love a Bad Name.  A Day to Remember's cover of Since You Been Gone.  And guilty pleasure cover song that I like doing cardio to is Glee's version of Hit me with Your Best Shot/One Way or Another and Singin in the Rain/Umbrella.

Back in my young teenage years... I'm talking like 7th, 8th grade I thought Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album was the coolest thing.  I loved that album.  It's still a great album.  Except, now I feel old because that album was released FOURTEEN years ago!!  That's almost a decade in a half!  I'm getting so old lol.  I would listen to the song 'Runaway' every time my parents pissed me off lol.  Good times.  Anyway!  Point being that I still like this album for workout music.  One Step Closer from their Live in Texas album is great.  I also like This is the House that Doubt Built and 2nd Sucks from A Day to Remember.  During my brief period of running (and I do mean brief, like maybe a week) I put the song Fast Forward to 2012 on my Ipod, but the only part I put on it was the part where they say, "pick up your feet".  That's it.  Another good song to do this to is Parkway Drive's Romance is Dead.  Just the part where they say, "So, cry me a fucking river, bitch".  That's all you need!

I love music.  It can really fuel your workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment