Monday, May 26, 2014

Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hits Radio Remixes.

There are two Walk to the Hits workouts.  Radio Remixes and Party Songs.  They are very, very similar.  As most of her walking programs are.

I felt that this DVD was slightly misleading.  It's called Walk to the Hits because you're walking to hit music, and you're also doing a HIIT workout.  I am almost thankful that they didn't call this Walk to the HIITs because calling this a HIIT workout is a serious stretch.

I love HIIT training.  If you're doing a true HIIT workout you don't have time to get bored!  I have an app for my Ipad called 'seconds' and you can create a timer in any intervals that you want.  It's great for making up your own HIIT workout at home!  I love it.  The 10 Minute Solution series has a good HIIT workout.  My favorite is, of course, the Turbo Fire HIIT workouts.

Anyway!!  Back to Leslie.

This workout does not fall into the HIIT category for me.  It's actually quite easy, and I prefer her regular walking dvd's.  You are also done with the HIIT part before you're even half way through the dvd.  Plus, it starts with a warm up walk and a regular walk, so the amount of time spent doing HIIT training is very small.  I think you do four total, about 30 seconds each (maybe 6), plus she adds one more towards the end.  She REALLY slows things down before and after each 'burst' though.  And the smile amount of time spent increasing intensity does nearly nothing to my heart rate.  After 30 seconds of a Turbo Fire HIIT I'm dying.

I still actually like the dvd, though.  The music really is great, and keeps you wanting to move.  I really like that everybody has their own style.  I always am wary about recommending one of these walking dvd's to anybody because Leslie is the type of person that is just not for everybody.  I usually quite dislike bubbly workout instructors, but it works for Leslie.  She is just to genuine.  She truly loves what she does.  She is always so proud of you.

Every time I do one of her workouts I pay very little attention to it.  It's mostly just background.  I just walk around and try to get out of my head.  I just get the beat and the pace and just kind of do my own thing, but I like it.  It is good to do on a day that's too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy, or whatever else.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment